In Customizable Forecast, we can add the Quota for user by navigating to User Page and going to Quota related list However in Collaborative Forecasting aka Forecast 3 the only way is using Data Loader.
1. Log-in to the Data Loader and use the Insert function.
2. Click “Show all Salesforce objects and select “Forecasting Quota (ForecastingQuota)”.
Note: Only Data Loader version 25 and above can be used for importing Quotas in Collaborative Forecasting
3. Select the import csv file and click Next (click OK in the pop-up that shows the number of records detected in the file).
Note: The import csv file should contain the following columns:
- Currency ISO Code
- Quota Amount
- Owner ID
- Quota Month (Start Date, In Date Format , 10/1/2013 – 1 Oct 2013)
4. Click “Create or Edit a Map”.
5. Click “Auto-Match Fields to Columns” or drag-and-drop to specify field mapping.
6. Close the mapping window and click Next.
7. Select a directory on where the error and success files will be saved.
8. Click Finish.
Note : While importing quota, on safer side, don’t select date as first of any month instead use 2nd or 3rd of month. Otherwise, it may happen that Quota of February will be inserted in month of January.
After Importing Quota, you can see in Forecast Tab for that User.
You can see list of all supported currency by Salesforce here. (After writing this article, it might be possible that supported currencies are updated, so its suggested to visit Salesforce documentation)
You may also like to see my latest article on “Import User Quotas in Quantity (Unit) for Collaborative Forecasting“.