Using Live agent, Service representatives can directly chat with customers and resolve customer issue. Chat support is noways preferable way to contact service representative. No need to stay on call for hours, no need to wait for email reply for days. Even I use chat support wherever it is possible as its very easy to use and multi tasking can be easily done by opening chat in one window and continuing work in other windows. Live Agent is native tool provided by Salesforce which can be setup by point and clicks and no need of programming is needed. If you want Video tutorial on how to setup Live agent, you can skip this post and navigate here.
1. Creating Skills
Setting up Live agent is very easy if you know how Service cloud or Call center works. If we take example of day to day life, when we try to chat someone, it asks us to choose from area to contact like “Billing Issue”, “Sales Issue”, “Product repair” etc. Options makes it very clear that chat will be routed to different team on basis of area. Same way, while setting up Live agent in Salesforce, We need to create different team with different skills. In our case, I am going to create Skill named “EDI Skill Group”. To create skill, navigate to “Build | Live Agent | Skills | New”.
As shown in above image, Skill includes setting about which user or profile belongs to skills.
2. Creating Buttons
Next step is creating button for your website. There are basically two types of button, Online and Offline. Therefore we will need two images for button. Images will be hosted from public force.com sites. If you don’t have any public sites still we can add images from external websites. To create button, navigate to “Build | Live Agent | Chat Buttons & Invitations| New”
You can also setup auto greeting text in this configuration whenever end user opens chat window.
3. Live Agent Configurations
Next step is very important and informative where we have lots of options available to control behavior of Chat. Navigate to “Build | Live Agent | Live Agent Configurations| New”.
- Sneak peak Enabled : This option lets agents see what visitors are typing before they send the message
- Request Sound Enabled : Enable to play a sound when an agent gets a new chat request
- Notification Enabled : Enable desktop notifications for incoming chats. Supported only on certain browsers
- Auto Away on Decline : Automatically change agent’s status to Away when they decline a chat request
This section shows which chat windows to auto open when agent accepts chat from visitor
Next setting is about Users and Profiles assigned for that configuration. After that there is setting for Supervisor.
3.2 Supervisor Settings
- Chat Monitoring Enabled – Allows supervisors view agent’s ongoing chat transcripts
- Whisper Message Enabled – Allows supervisors to send private whisper messages to agents while agents chat with customers
- Agent Sneak Peak Enabled – Allows supervisors to see what agents are typing before they send messages to customers
3.3 Chat Conference and Transfer Settings
This is very self explanatory section where different options are available related to transfer and conference of Chat.
Here we need to provide Chat Window title and permission to allow visitors to save chat transcripts.
5.1 Chat Buttons and Automated Invitations
Navigate to “Build | Live Agent |Chat Buttons & Invitations”. Select Button configuration created
Navigate to “Build | Live Agent |Deployments| New”
Visualforce for community will look like