Major Area of Release:
- Developer Console
- HTML5 Support in Visualforce
- Deployment related features like improved deployment Monitoring
- New Database methods to get records deleted , updated in specific time
- “Service Cloud Console“ is renamed to “Salesforce Console for Service“
- “Configuration Only“ sandbox renamed to “Developer Pro“
- “Agent Configuration“ renamed to “Live Agent Configuration“
1. Add Report Charts in Detail Page Layout of Standard or Custom Object
Starting from Winter 14, Now we have one more option in Page Layout Editor, which is “Report Charts”. Instead of Visiting Dashboard and Report we can see chart right in Detail page of record.
- You can have two report charts only per page.
- Report chart can only be added from enhanced page layout and is not supported in mini Console or original page layout editor.
2. Get Report Data as JSON – Analytics API
This is REST based API which will return data of report as JSON. This will revolutionize the way we access and visualize Salesforce data.
3. Search Metadata
One of my favorite features is searching Metadata. We have Global search which will search any record. But what if you have more than 200 Workflow rules, Email templates and struggling to find out what you need? You must be thinking for search feature which can search your setup, and this feature is available from Winter 14.