How to use Group Policy settings to disable all Autorun features in Windows Server 2003, Windows XP Professional, and Windows 2000
- Click Start, click Run, type Gpedit.msc in the Open box, and then click OK.
- Under Computer Configuration, expand Administrative Templates, and then click System.
- In the Settings pane, right-click Turn off Autoplay, and then click Properties.Note In Windows 2000, the policy setting is named Disable Autoplay.
- Click Enabled, and then select All drives in the Turn off Autoplay box to disable Autorun on all drives.
- Click OK to close the Turn off Autoplay Properties dialog box.
- Restart the computer.