Flow Orchestration is another capability Salesforce has recently added under the low code umbrella. I will be quick and to the point in this blog post to help you understand when & how to use it.
Important points to know about Flow Orchestrator
- It supports multi-step, multi-user orchestrator capabilities for Flow
- Multiple Flows (Sub flows) can be tied together
- Orchestrator basically contains stage, step & decision components
- The stage comprises multiple sub-flows and can control the sequence of execution of those flows
- Steps are either Screen flow or Auto launch flow
- Each Screen flow can be assigned to a user, queue, or public group
- Orchestrator can be only launched on record create or update (Record triggered flow)
- All sub-flows (steps) can be connected by only the current object which started the flow
- Flow Orchestrator component needs to be added on the lighting page so that assignee can see if any action is waiting on them
- Another way to see all pending actions assigned to the user is by navigating to the tab Orchestration Work Items
- This is not a new tool, it can just control the sequence of sub-flows & take some decisions
- Outgoing email content to the user assigned cannot be changed
Feel free to add any important points in the comment section which I missed.
If you are a video person, you can watch the below video to see it in action